SoBe Wine and Food Festival
2014 Food Network South Beach Wine & Food Festival Presented by FOOD & WINE
Tickets on Sale Monday, October 21st
- MasterCard® Cardholders Have Presale Access Through Sunday, October 20th -
Miami Beach, Florida (October 2013) – General public ticket sales open at 12:00 AM (EST) on Monday, October 21, 2013 for the 13th annual Food Network South Beach Wine &Food Festival presented by FOOD & WINE. Taking place February 20 – 23, 2014, the Festival has raised approximately $18 million to date for the Florida International University (FIU) Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management and the Southern Wine & Spirits Beverage Management Center. The 2014 Festival features a variety of signature events, late-night parties, intimate dinner experiences, fitness activities, and more!
MasterCard® cardholders continue to enjoy access to tickets through the MasterCard® Priceless® Miami Presale until 11:59 PM (EST) on Sunday, October 20 online at www.sobefest.com or by calling 877.762.3933 (phone sales are only open Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST).
The Festival will kick-off beachside at the Delano on Thursday, February 20 with Moët Hennessy's The Q presented by Creekstone Farms sponsored by MIAMI magazine hosted by Michael Symon featuring the 2014 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Models. Plus, fan-favorite chefs including Josh Capon, Spike Mendelsohn, Food Network’s Chopped hosts Marc Murphy and Chris Santos, and more will compete at the iconic Amstel Light Burger Bash presented by Pat LaFrieda Meats hosted by Rachael Ray, beachside at The Ritz-Carlton on Friday, February 21.
Other highlights include:
• Festival Founder and Director Lee Brian Schrager will host his own seminar, with acclaimed food writer Adeena Sussman and Mark Oldman, pairing fried chicken with wines in anticipation of Schrager’s upcoming cookbook release (Clarkson Potter, May 2014).
• Two of the featured KitchenAid® Culinary Demonstrations at this year’s Whole Foods Market Grand Tasting Village featuring MasterCard Grand Tasting Tents will be conducted in Spanish by renowned chefs José Andrés and Gastón Acurio.
• Chef April Bloomfield will host a special dinner in honor of the 10th anniversary of her Michelin Guide rated restaurant, The Spotted Pig.
• Food Network’s Robert Irvine will host the Festival’s annual family-friendly event, Fun and Fit as a Family sponsored by Carnival, at Jungle Island.
• Special guests Ruth Reichl, writer and former restaurant critic for The New York Times, and Michael Bauer, restaurant critic for The San Francisco Chronicle, will host Soul of a Banquet Movie Night in partnership with Miami International Film Festival, where featured Chef Cecilia Chiang and filmmaker Wayne Wang will both be in attendance.
• American rock legend Sammy Hager will team up with renowned Chef Emeril Lagasse and perform at Sammy’s Beach Bar Rum & Cabo Wabo Tequila present Emeril & Sammy’s Rockin’ Beach Party
• And much more!
Tickets are available online at www.sobefest.com or by calling 877.762.3933. Stay up-to-date with
the excitement by following the Festival at www.Facebook.com/SOBEWFF or follow Founder and Director
Lee Brian Schrager at www.twitter.com/Lee_Schrager.